Guidelines for submission.
Okay, let us guess! Written a story you want to express? An emotion you want to be felt by everyone? Written a poem? Taken a picture while roaming around the campus? Drawn something that will put even Picasso to shame? High on sarcasm, made a comic strip?
Well, you happened to have stumbled upon the right place! Degree 361 strives to capture the essence of expression and creativity, transcending all domains of literature and art.
*Long dramatic pause*
“I have a dream that one day we will...” woah woah woah! That’s not our dream, is it? Okay, No plagiarism fellas! (At least not from Luther King, guys!) Anyway, we promised you that never will your views be kept aside, never will your voice be suppressed, never will your expression fail to reach an audience and never will your talent go unrecognized!
We just took the first step towards achieving that, didn’t we?
Here are some basic instructions you will have to follow while submitting your entries to us:
- Complete Freedom: You have full freedom to send any form of creative expressions in the domains of literature, artworks and photography, be it in the form of prose, poem, short story, screenplay, memoir, fan-fiction, etc. or as doodles, caricatures, paintings, minimalist art, sketching, etc. You have the freedom to explore the entire 360 degrees around you, and possibly the degree beyond that.
- The choice to be anonymous: Under no circumstances will D361 contest the writer’s choice of anonymity. However, the email field on the ‘submissions’ page is mandatory for us to be able to communicate with the writer, whose email ID will only be visible to the Editors-in-chief of D361, and they shall protect the writer’s choice for anonymity. Fill ‘Anonymous’ in the ‘content author’ field if you want your entry to be anonymous.
- Title and Description: Do not forget to give a title to your entry. Also, add a 30 word summary of your article or a short description of your artwork or photography of the same word limit in the ‘Description’ field.
- Media restrictions: Format supported: JPG, JPEG, PNG and GIF Maximum size – 2 MB
- Plagiarism: As an official magazine of the institute, we detest plagiarism. Any entry that you send becomes the Intellectual Property of D361 and cannot be published by any other entity. Going forth in the same direction printing/publishing someone else’s work can infringe that entity’s copyright policy for which we may have to face legal charges let alone bearing the humiliation in being labelled as a plagiarized entity. So do not, under any circumstances, try to steal someone else’s work and name it yours.
Procedure to upload entries:
For Prose and Poetry entries:
- Language Barrier: As of now, Degree 361 accepts articles only in English and Hindi.
- Media and Media Author: These two sections are not mandatory but naturally, we will want a cover design for each of our entries. If you have gotten a suitable cover picture designed which you want to get featured along with your article, upload it. However, if you could not get the cover picture for your entry designed, search for Google images you want your entry to be loosely based upon, upload the image and give the link of the Google image as ‘media author’.
For Art and Cartoons entries:
- Content and Description: Specify the form of your artwork as comic, pencil sketch, caricatures, doodles, paintings, etc. in the ‘content’ field and write a short description of your entry in the 'description’ field.
- Media: You may upload a digitalised version of your art piece. Also, make sure your signature is present below on each art piece.
For Photography entries:
- Authenticity: All images must be the original work of the photographer, and not ripped off the internet. Additionally the submitted image should bear no watermark, as it becomes an intellectual property of D361 after submission.
- Image Resolution: In case the image size is greater than 2 MB a link to the Drive location of the image may be attached to the Content section of the Submissions.